About the Rabbit Advocates Foster Program
Rabbit Advocates does not operate our own shelter; instead, we have a network of private foster homes. The more qualified foster homes we have available to help, the more rabbits we can save and re-home where they will be loved and very much wanted.
Sometimes rabbits simply need a calming period to learn to trust humans again. Other times, they require medical care until they are well enough to adopt out. Our foster parents spend time socializing and caring for rabbits so that they can once again enjoy the companionship of humans and become adoptable.
How the Program Works:
- You submit a foster application
- An official Foster Trainer will meet with you at your home. Your trainer will be available to guide you through the foster and adoption process. If you need extra assistance, we may assign you a Foster Mentor, who will personally assist you every step of the way.
- When your foster rabbit is spayed/neutered and healthy enough, we will list them as “adoptable” on our website.
- You will have access to adoption applications as they come in.
- You will meet with potential adopters.
- You will choose the right indoor home to adopt your foster rabbit.
- They will sign an adoption contract and pay an adoption fee.
We hope you will study the material on this page, and then decide to become a foster home so that you can help us adopt rabbits to indoor homes where they will be loved and treasured as members of the adoptive family for their entire lives.