Can’t foster? How you can assist foster homes
If you cannot foster a rabbit yourself, we invite you to help our foster homes. We usually can find a foster home near you that has requested additional help. Here are some things you can do:
- Help with pen-cleaning, grooming, or nail trims.
- Socialize and play with the rabbits.
- Run errands: pick up medications or transport foster rabbits to rabbit-specialist veterinarians.
- Deliver foster rabbits to one of our outreaches and return them safely.
- Drop off hay or deliver pellets.
- Save and deliver a stack of newspapers (used for litter box liners and cleaning).
- Shop for and donate rabbit-safe cleaning supplies (trashcan liners, white vinegar).
- Deliver educational materials about adopting a house rabbit.
- Donate to Rabbit Advocates Foster Medical Fund, which helps foster homes with medical expenses.
- Donate supplies to be used by any foster home that needs them (see Foster home wish list below).
If you wish to provide personal assistance at a foster home, we ask that you apply to become an official Rabbit Advocates volunteer and pass a background check, in order to ensure the safety of the foster homes and their rabbits.